type something here!

8/1/10

It looks as if it is here to stay...

HISTORY

Animal prints have long been a popular style for many reasons. For one, they are generally expensive and considered rather exotic: hence they are a symbol of wealth and status. Throughout history, kings and other high people have used animal print rugs and such as a sign of status just as mounted animals are kept as trophies. Animal print became popular for women in the United States in the late 1960's during the Hippie Movement.
(via wikipedia)

   Yesterday, I was having a conversation about Leopard Prints and how it seems to have stuck around. I don't necessarily dislike the print, I just feel that it has lost it's luster. I wish it was used in a more subtle way...to make it more luxurious. I see it so much, I feel it has become a staple in peoples general rotation. 

   You will definitely see the "Panthera Pardus" (leopard) print again for the Autumn/Winter 2010 collections across the world.
Lanvin Jumpsuit
Longchamp Gloves


Sergio Rossi Boots

What is your take on the Leopard print? Is it still a sexy skin or a wet cat?






Your comments are welcome. 
thx!




2 comments:

swallow glitter said...

Givenchy resort 2011 confirmed my love of leopard!

Six Six Sick said...

I used to hate leopard print, but now I love it when it's done in a classic way!

xx
Tiffany